COVID-19 Kahwa Company Procedures
Kahwa Coffee Roasters is continuing to monitor the rapidly changing developments of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). We have reinforced our health code policy and made sure our employees who have a fever or any respiratory symptoms stay home from work and report any issues to managers.
In addition, we are activating a set of temporary, elevated health standards in our cafes to help safeguard the health of our employees and customers. See a list of the actions we have implemented below:
- Temporarily stopping the use of ceramics - All drinks are to be given “to go” in disposable cups. We are unable to take our customer's personal cups at this time
- Any cream or milks will be added by Kahwa employees. There will be no carafes on the counters for self-serve and we will not be handing over milk containers to customers. Please ask your barista to add any milk or cream.
- We will be placing lids on drinks when handing to customers
- Loose sugar containers on the counters will not be accessible by the public. Please ask your barista for single-use sugar packages
- We will be using disposable stir sticks instead of spoons
- We will not be using ceramic plates and will be handing our guests pastries in bags only
- We will only be using single-use utensils only
- We have stepped up our routine cleaning of all frequently touched surfaces in the café, such as counters, tables, bathrooms, computers, and door handles. We have provided food-safe disposable wipes to each location so that commonly used surfaces can be wiped down easily.
Thank you for your patience and please check back often for updates. Sustainability is important to us and we hope to resume normal operations soon.